About the Sheriff
Gareth Hoffman was born and raised in Dickinson County. Gareth attended Chapman schools and graduated from Chapman High School in 1986.
Gareth started his career in law enforcement in 1993. He has worked all aspects of the
- 2 Criminal Investigators
- 2 Narcotics / Drug Investigators
- 9 Corrections Officers
- 3 Secretaries
- 12 Patrol Officers, which includes a K-9 Handler and Dare Instructor
- 4 Reserve Officers
- Located in the Dickinson County Courthouse on the second floor
- Built in 1955 - Remodeled in 2006
- Can accommodate 38 Prisoners
- Each inmate is allowed three pairs of all-white t-shirt, underwear and socks (sports bras for females)
- Each inmate must maintain a balance of $15 on their account
- Tuesday and Saturday
- 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., Note that all visitors must be signed in by 3:30 p.m.
- Each inmate allowed one 15-minute visit.
- Limited to 2 visitors during the visitation.
- Only one pre-designated non-family visitor per inmate, who must be 18 years of age. (This visitor will not be changed)